Interesting article here from Matt Walker, Editor of BBC Earth News on a revised phylogeny of the carnivores. The research suggests two main branches among the Carnivora – doglike and catlike – but also a number of species that are really tough to classify, e.g., the Red Panda of Asia. The article also describes the importance of specific forms that are genetically distinct, like the walrus, that should be especially high priorities for conservation.
- RT @Enes_Kanter: Prayers to my brother @gordonhayward 🙏 https://t.co/WigEE3BFPP 3 hours ago
- RT @rebchong: Excited to be starting at U Hawaii in January and looking for grad students to join! Genomics&Symbiosis. Please RT! https://t… 3 hours ago
- RT @PallidHarrier: @Seiurus @RallidaeRule @TheTinyBirdGirl @esargent184 @moietymouse Most of the bio classes here are switching to PollEver… 9 hours ago
- @byrdgyrl1 It was NOT easy, and I never got all 200, but I think it impressed them that I attempted to do that at a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- RT @ABCbirds1: Keeping cats safely contained is better for them and for wildlife. #safecatsafebird twitter.com/serchenheim/st… 11 hours ago
- 234,975 hits