Interesting article here from Matt Walker, Editor of BBC Earth News on a revised phylogeny of the carnivores. The research suggests two main branches among the Carnivora – doglike and catlike – but also a number of species that are really tough to classify, e.g., the Red Panda of Asia. The article also describes the importance of specific forms that are genetically distinct, like the walrus, that should be especially high priorities for conservation.
- RT @rtenews: Farmers in south Kerry say they are experiencing the worst outbreak of bovine TB in living memory rte.ie/news/2018/0118… 1 hour ago
- @UpTheThunder One on three, and he made it look easy. (With a hurt thumb.) 5 hours ago
- So cool, but @dillon_fogarty why is a European badger sniffing around for a bobwhite? twitter.com/ESA_org/status… 5 hours ago
- RT @newebba: Another amazing set of future #EBBA2 illustrations, this time from the drawing pen of Diana Höhlig, facebook.com/WildGlance/pho… ht… 5 hours ago
- RT @AstroKatie: Visible matter makes up only 5% of our universe, which is dominated by dark, unexplained forces. Congrats on being one of… 5 hours ago
- 236,657 hits