Make no mistake, bird populations are changing and communities are evolving before our very eyes. Witness the great expansion of Great-tailed Grackles in the Plains, and the veritable population explosion of Eurasian Collared-Dove. In Stillwater, the best place to see these adaptable urban birds is in the parking lot and associated plantings at the Wal-Mart on Perkins Rd.
- Off to practice some more R basics so the next time I get a chance to ramp up with @RallidaeRule and @birderboone I'll be ready(er)! 1 hour ago
- RT @ammodramusgirl: It's #InternationalSlothDay and I've never been SO READY for anything in my life #panamawildlife #sloths https://t.co/d… 1 hour ago
- RT @Bob_Curry: Here’s some graphic life history ecology!! #bio3255f17 twitter.com/biolojical/sta… 2 hours ago
- RT @lewis_spurgin: New paper! Recent natural selection on beak length in great tits science.sciencemag.org/content/358/63… with @Jon_Slate, @Ben_Sheldon_E… 2 hours ago
- RT @AstroKatie: Early universe was so hot & dense it glowed. It expanded, cooled. But the light kept traveling. Glow from farthest parts on… 2 hours ago
- 235,028 hits