Make no mistake, bird populations are changing and communities are evolving before our very eyes. Witness the great expansion of Great-tailed Grackles in the Plains, and the veritable population explosion of Eurasian Collared-Dove. In Stillwater, the best place to see these adaptable urban birds is in the parking lot and associated plantings at the Wal-Mart on Perkins Rd.
- RT @JacquelynGill: I'm recruiting a PhD student for a project reconstructing megafaunal extinctions, paleoclimates, and vegetation change i… 7 hours ago
- @JacquelynGill For the first time in my life I suddenly want a second PhD! 7 hours ago
- @UnciaKate 3D print from photo? 7 hours ago
- RT @NicoSGonzalez: “Wild beasts and birds are by right not the property merely of the people who are alive today, but the property of unkno… 19 hours ago
- RT @AEDerocher: It's mini-Friday so I'm keeping it simple. Every part of our understanding of how #polarbears are affected by climate chang… 19 hours ago
- 236,682 hits