Make no mistake, bird populations are changing and communities are evolving before our very eyes. Witness the great expansion of Great-tailed Grackles in the Plains, and the veritable population explosion of Eurasian Collared-Dove. In Stillwater, the best place to see these adaptable urban birds is in the parking lot and associated plantings at the Wal-Mart on Perkins Rd.
- RT @FromTheLabBench: 57. My favorite #scicomm interview Q. lately: "What's the strangest / most dangerous thing you've done FOR SCIENCE." 13 minutes ago
- @FromTheLabBench Ran Metomkin inlet in a 13' Boston Whaler to access tern colonies. I basically surfed the swell in… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 minutes ago
- RT @UnciaKate: Free-climbed a mountain with polished, icy boulders for scat. Barely had edges in rock to cling to. Best way down was very l… 15 minutes ago
- RT @biotweeps: I study #bonobos so sometimes I'll throw out a #BonoboFact, like, wild bonobos are only found in the Democratic Republic of… 16 minutes ago
- RT @NSAAtheist: I want to stick my head into a goddamned mother fucking cement mixer when I see Reps accuse Dems of being obstructionist.… 17 minutes ago
- 233,545 hits