The BBC Nature News included a story on research into cuckoo migration from the British Trust for Ornithology. Researchers have now tracked the migration routes of at least two cuckoos from the south of England, across the Sahara to Equatorial Africa, and back – a round-trip distance of approximately 10,000 miles. Check it out – especially the clickable maps illustrating the routes of 5 birds followed in the study.
- @n_a_gilbert Aaaaaaah! You might be ready to earn my highest praise for one who sees and obtains an excellent phot… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 26 minutes ago
- Yeah, and all departments and all graduate students should do this! Of course, I can't tell you how often I've bee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 46 minutes ago
- RT @cowboyvoice: Well, we know who’s going to win! I’m coming up on 3 years cancer free because of support like this! #OkState #family T… 49 minutes ago
- RT @janetngbio: "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh Even in this osprey carrying a shark carryi… 50 minutes ago
- RT @ARobertoCharron: I finally finished these #CanadaWarbler #mittens! Just in time for spring...! #putabirdonit https://t.co/SnQk31nhfv 50 minutes ago
- 239,268 hits