The BBC Nature News included a story on research into cuckoo migration from the British Trust for Ornithology. Researchers have now tracked the migration routes of at least two cuckoos from the south of England, across the Sahara to Equatorial Africa, and back – a round-trip distance of approximately 10,000 miles. Check it out – especially the clickable maps illustrating the routes of 5 birds followed in the study.
- Once I started reading Calvin and Hobbes to my kids, they never let me read anything else. twitter.com/ldrinkh20/stat… 6 hours ago
- RT @jessphoenix2018: My amazing supporter Estevan Guzman has made this phenomenal poster for my campaign! And yes, I want YOU to science! #… 6 hours ago
- RT @AndyWGettysburg: Nice to see this paper about the Regal Fritillary butterflies at Fort Indiantown Gap, PA doi.org/10.1016/j.bioc… http… 6 hours ago
- @ngil92 Think like the doctors in the Urgent Care Clinics - non-stop hand-washing! (+ flu shot, of course) 11 hours ago
- RT @rtenews: Farmers in south Kerry say they are experiencing the worst outbreak of bovine TB in living memory rte.ie/news/2018/0118… 15 hours ago
- 236,671 hits