Here’s a great piece of information on a biodiversity theme: The mouse-deer (a.k.a. chevrotains) not only like water and swim well, they also will dive readily. This story by BBC Earth News Editor Matt Walker describes new information on the underwater swimming of mountain mouse-deer in Sri Lanka. A Senior Ecologist for The Nature Conservancy, Erik Meijaard, was one of several people on hand in June 2008 who witnessed a mouse-deer attempt to escape them for about an hour by diving and remaining submerged. The animal was eventually captured and released.
- @n_a_gilbert Aaaaaaah! You might be ready to earn my highest praise for one who sees and obtains an excellent phot… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 28 minutes ago
- Yeah, and all departments and all graduate students should do this! Of course, I can't tell you how often I've bee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 47 minutes ago
- RT @cowboyvoice: Well, we know who’s going to win! I’m coming up on 3 years cancer free because of support like this! #OkState #family T… 51 minutes ago
- RT @janetngbio: "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh Even in this osprey carrying a shark carryi… 52 minutes ago
- RT @ARobertoCharron: I finally finished these #CanadaWarbler #mittens! Just in time for spring...! #putabirdonit https://t.co/SnQk31nhfv 52 minutes ago
- 239,268 hits