Here’s a great piece of information on a biodiversity theme: The mouse-deer (a.k.a. chevrotains) not only like water and swim well, they also will dive readily. This story by BBC Earth News Editor Matt Walker describes new information on the underwater swimming of mountain mouse-deer in Sri Lanka. A Senior Ecologist for The Nature Conservancy, Erik Meijaard, was one of several people on hand in June 2008 who witnessed a mouse-deer attempt to escape them for about an hour by diving and remaining submerged. The animal was eventually captured and released.
- RT @micahgallen: God grant me the serenity to accept that I will not get this grant, the courage to write it anyway, & the wisdom to know i… 29 minutes ago
- RT @RallidaeRule: I was interviewed for this piece that captures the struggle of early career folks, from students to people with phds http… 29 minutes ago
- Great, but I'm sick of Amazing Grace as the go-to anthem. Sing Imagine instead. twitter.com/craftypanda/st… 30 minutes ago
- RT @noraneus: I've never seen the UVA lawn like this. And this is only a quarter of the people here. Hundreds more marching. https://t.co/t… 33 minutes ago
- RT @kumailn: 12 out of 292 @GOP members of Congress have condemned Trump for defending white supremacists. 4%. Worse than Gigli (6%) on @Ro… 36 minutes ago
- 233,964 hits